Madisyn Babcock, a 17-year-old high school student, is suffering from alopecia – a disease that causes hair loss. Instead of hiding this, she and her mom came with a fabulous idea for her senior year photo shoot. Their positive attitude made them embrace her natural beauty and create awareness about her condition. They came up with something much more than the viral photos.
Due to her disease, Madisyn is losing hair from various parts of her body. As her senior year photo shoot was near, she became nervous about her shoot with her newly bald head. However, she turned fear into her strength and asked her mom to paint her head with beautiful paintings. She says that her mom has always been an inspiring artist for her. Madisyn’s mom spent hours drawing out the flowers and painting her head on the morning of her photo shoot.
The result is commendable!
Images via: Chelsea Taylor (the photographer)
Madisyn’s mom beautifully painted her daughter’s head for her senior year portraits and the pictures are beautiful.
1. Meet Madisyn Babcock, a 17-year-old girl living with Alopecia. Alopecia is a disease where a person loses a lot of hair loss.
2. Instead of hiding the loss, Madisyn decided to embrace it.
3. She turned to her mother who is an impeccable artist and they came up with a beautiful idea.
4. Her mother covered her head with beautiful flowers and leaves.
5. When asked about the effort, Madisyn replied, “I and my mother have always shared our love for art. She has always encouraged me to be my true self and she loves flowers, which makes her the perfect person to paint my head.”
6. Chelsea Taylor, the lady behind the lens is herself a hippie and a dreamer and she loves capturing pictures like this.
Madisyn says, “It signified every single moment we’ve gone through with the process of high school.”
7. When asked why she chose flowers?
She said, “My mom didn’t just apply the paint, but she represented every single moment we have been through during my high school. Going through the process of high school, I grew up in a totally positive and different person with whole new perspective about life-fighting through it positively.”