How does an ocean colonization sound to you? Awesome, right? The concept of floating cities may sound something fascinating and right out of a science fiction novel, but it is way more and ahead of what you have been dreaming of. The worlds first floating city will become a reality by 2020. Seasteading Institute, a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization, has been advancing and working on this idea since the foundation of the organization which happened back in 2008. It has finally reached an agreement with the government of French Polynesia and will begin testing the plan in the Pacific.
The President of Seastanding Institute told New York Times, “If you could have a floating city, it would essentially be a start-up country.” He added, “We can create a huge diversity of governments for a huge diversity of people.”
Images via seasteading.org, Source: The New York Times
Here’s all that you need to know about the Worlds first floating city.
1. The idea of the floating city came with the establishment of the Seastanding Institute in 2008.
2. The Seastanding Institute is a no- profit organization that is working on the project with PayPal doing all the funding.
3. They have reached an agreement with the French Polynesia to begin the testing of the plan in the water.
4. “If you could have a floating city, it would essentially be a start-up country,” the President said.
5. They want to create a beautiful world with a rich diversity of people and governments.
6. The floating city will have dozens of hotels, offices, restaurants, and hotels.
7. The main goal of the entire idea is to liberate humanity from politicians and rewrite the government rules.
8. The Utopian offshore will cost $167 Million.
9. So, what do you think? Do you want to be teleported immediately?
A storyteller with a passion for all that is fun, heartwarming, neat & controversial.